Sometimes, life challenges occur through job loss, reduction of wages, illnesses or unexpected expenses. Any of these things can lead to tremendous financial hardship. If you are facing eviction, utility disconnection, or other difficult financial situations as a result of a recent crisis, Community Assistance Center is here to help you.
For assistance please call to schedule an appointment. 936-539-9211
Appointment line is open Tuesday – Friday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Due to volume of clients, walk ins are not guaranteed to be seen and will only be seen after clients with appointments, pending availability. All services will require that you bring a variety of documentation. Lack of documentation could prevent or delay receipt of services.
If you are in need of assistance:
- Call CAC at 936.539.9211
- Schedule an appointment with a Case Manager
- Bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Picture ID for the applying client and everyone residing in the household who is 18 years of age or older
- Social Security documents for every household member
- Proof of household income for the last 30 days
- Utility bill, rental/lease agreement, mortgage statement, original prescription, etc. depending on the type of assistance you are requesting
- Proof of unexpected financial crisis within the last 60 days which has made it difficult for you to pay your expenses
- Please note that more documents may be requested after your interview with a Case Manager
Homeless Management Information System Informed Client Consent Disclosure
We may be required to collect some personal information by organizations that fund the operation of this program. Other personal information that we collect is important to run our programs, to improve services for individuals, and to better understand the needs of individuals.
In order to provide or coordinate individual referrals, case management, housing or other services, some client records may be shared with other organizations that are required to have privacy policies in place in order to protect your personal information.